Get ready to conquer your cold and cure your cough with your own homemade natural cough syrup. The sour taste of most over the counter cough syrups can make the toughest of adults squirm.If you are looking for an easier, better tasting method of stopping a cold or curing a cough, use this simple homemade natural cough syrup recipe.
Powerful Anti-Inflammatory Ingredients:
The reason that this DIY homemade natural cough syrup works so well is the ingredients. It is made from a combination of ingredients that are known to contain beneficial enzymes and anti-inflammatory properties.
Pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelain. This enzyme has natural anti-inflammatory properties and research has proven that it can help prevent coughing and control mucus. Ginger is another anti-inflammatory ingredient, and has a variety of added benefits, including boosting your immune system.
The inclusion of honey is a no-brainer, as it helps to soothe sore throats and prevent additional coughing. The addition of cayenne pepper and lemon help to round out the homemade remedy.
After creating this remedy a couple of times, you will see how easy it is to whip up. Take your homemade natural cough syrup as often as you need to, in order to suppress your cold or cough.
Your Kids Will Love It
Okay, your children may not love this homemade natural cough syrup, but there will surely enjoy it more than the mass produced medications. If your kids find that the pepper is too strong, cut back the amount of cayenne pepper you use next time. The recipe can easily be tweaked to adjust the flavor.
Homemade Natural Cough Syrup
You should use fresh ingredients for this recipe. To prepare the pineapple, use a juicer, blender, or food processor. Use the following ingredients:
- 2 cups of fresh pineapple (approximately 2 thick slices of pineapple, with the peel removed, but the core left intact)
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 thumb sized chunk of fresh ginger (chopped or sliced)
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- 1 lemon (juiced or squeezed)
How to Prepare:
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender. You may want to prepare the pineapple separately, using a juicer. You can also use a food processor to combine the ingredients.
- Once the combination is smooth, your homemade natural pineapple cough syrup is ready. You can serve as is or use a mesh strainer to make it smoother.
- Store any extra cough syrup in a container in your fridge. If using an airtight container, you should be able to store your cough syrup for up to a week.
Use this recipe to treat your cold or cough. Give it to your children and adjust the flavor to their tastes. Also, if you are giving this homemade natural cough syrup to a child under the age of one, do not include the honey. If the cold or cough persists, after taking this remedy, consult your physician.
The next time that you, or a member of your family, get a cold or experience a nasty cough, give this homemade natural cough syrup recipe a try.