Top 10 Toxic Fake Food Items Produced In China!!!
China food industry has taken a lot of heat lately for its troubling lack of standards. For that reason, people avoid food imports from China. They have been creating outrageously-toxic fake products and food items. Even though these products are not being sold in the USA, people can get them through eBay or Amazon. Here is a list of illegal counterfeit food products from China for which you should think twice before purchasing them:
- Plastic rice – there have been huge amounts of fake rice being seized in China. Much of it has been produced from potatoes in the combination with a synthetic resin. They are left hard after boiling. If one consumes it on long-term, it can cause cancer.
- Imitation eggs – there are some Chinese websites have instructional videos on how you can make $70 daily by producing and selling fake eggs. One needs alginic acid, potassium alum, gelatin, calcium chloride, water and artificial color. The eggshell is done from calcium carbonate. If someone eats these eggs, it may cause memory loss and dementia.
- Fake ginseng – this is a popular medicine plant while its price increased rapidly, pushing many ginseng retailers to figure out a way to keep making profit. They boiled the roots in sugar, making them much heavier and more profitable. The main issue is not that buyers are ripped off, but the fact that when boiled in sugar it strips the root from most of its medicinal values. A test showed that the natural ginseng has 20% of sugar, while the fake on 70%, thus it can do little to improve people’s health.
- Mud sold as black pepper – there was a market vendor in China’s Guangdong Province that collected local mud and sold it as black pepper. They made white pepper out of flour. Their excuse for justifying selling those fake items was that they will not kill people.
- Industrial salt sold as table salt – industrial salt is unfit for human consumption, but is much cheaper than the table salt. For that reason there were 788 tons of it sold by 12 people over the course of 13 years as table salt. It may cause mental and physical problems like hypothyroid issues and reproductive system disorders.
- Baby formula – there have been 47 people accused of producing fake infant baby formula which lead to dozens of children dying in Fuyang, China in 2004. That formula actually contained couple of ingredients made of chalk which resulted in “big head disease” among children. This made their heads swell, while the rest of their bodies slowly deteriorating.
- Fake sweet potato noodles – one facility in Zhongshan city, China made around 5.5 tons of fake noodles. People started complaining that those noodle taste strange, so further investigation led to a revelation that hose noodles were composed of corn with an industrial ink used to give them purple color and paraffin wax.
- Walnut stuffed with cement – there was a man who purchased shelled nuts in Zhengzhou city in China, and he only found broken concrete pieces inside. It has been wrapped in paper to prevent it from making suspicious noise when it is shaken.
- Fake green peas –they have been found in Hunan province, China and were discovered as fake because they were still hard after boiling, and also turned the water green. They have been produces for 3 years before it was investigated, while turned to be quite profitable as they were created with snow peas and soy beans to which green dye is added as well as sodium metabisulfate (used as bleach and preservative). This is a dye that is forbidden for use as it can cause cancer and obstructs the body’s ability to absorb calcium. Officials only label a case of “food safety incident” when at least one person dies as a result from it.
- Making beef out of pork – due to pork being less expensive in China, some restaurants sell it instead of beef. They previously perform some chemistry with the meat. They are using beef extracts and glazing agents to “marinate” the meat for 90 minutes. If consumed, it may cause slow poisoning, deformity, and even cancer.