12 Types Of Pain That Are Directly Linked To Emotional States
According to studies, chronic pain may not only be caused by physical injury but also by emotional issues and pain. Physical pain actually warns people that there is still some emotional work which needs to be done.
What does the chronic pain say about the emotional state?
- Elbows – it may mean lack of flexibility as maybe you resist the natural changes which occur in your life. For that reason, try shaking hands up and going with the flow. If you want to fight change, it will only bring trouble.
- Head – stress of day to day life can bring headaches and migraines. For that reason if you are experiencing chronic headaches, then take a bit of time for yourself on daily basis. Once you relieve your body from stress, the pain will be eased.
- Upper back – upper back pain is manifested because of lack of emotional support. Sometimes you do not feel appreciated or you hold back the feelings of affection. If you are in a relationship, then it is time to discuss about feelings, while if you are single, then it is time to branch out.
- Hips – pain in the hips can be caused by fear of moving, change and waiting to make a big decision. Make those changes someone needs and then move if needed. If you make a choice you have to stick to it.
- Lower back pain – it may show someone’s having financial worries. So, you have to try and sit down, focusing on managing your money better, or hire a financial planner. You may also ask for the well-deserved raise at your work.
- Shoulders – it is a sign that you carry a heavy emotional burden as they are shouldering everything. You can try thinking of ways to solve this emotional issue or share the load with family or trusted friends.
- Ankles – it may denote that you need more pleasure in your life. Take a bit of time to pamper yourself or spice your love life.
- Hands – if you lack friends or reach out may cause pain in hands, thus try making some new friends at your work or somewhere else and spend some time actively meeting new people.
- Neck – this means the need to forgive to some other person or to yourself. It is very important to think about things that you love as well as things about others to fight this pain.
- Calves – calf pain may be caused by emotional tension, stress or jealousy, thus it is time to let go of any big stressors in your life or dump the jealousy.
- Feet – depression may lead to foot pain. It is very hard to beat, however, there are things you can do to fight back. You may try a new hobby or adopt a pet. Try to find something which will give you joy.
- Knees – it may mean that you think too highly for yourself. One solution to relieve the pain is to spend some time volunteering and remember that all people are mortal, no one is free of imperfections.
Take a look of the lecture below. It may be a bit long, but is nevertheless, packed with important information.